Friday 21 February 2014

Music

Music is a pretty universal thing and I believe it keeps us all connected - no matter what age, race, religion, gender, sexual preference, location or financial/social status. Music is a relief. It is how we all escape our problems, fears and stressors. No matter who you are - music is universally SHARED. No matter what genre of music, no matter what period it was produced in, no matter how you use it. Music brings us together to celebrate the good times...and to remember the bad. Music has a way of healing the soul in a way a highly qualified therapist just possibly couldn't. My music preference I have found is spread over numerous genres and time periods. Just a quick glance at my i-pod is evidence enough: Eminem, Freddie Mercury, Justin Bieber, Coldplay, Kanye West, ABBA, Miley Cyrus, Bob Dylan, The Black Eyed Peas, John Mayer, The Eagles, Azelia Banks, Foster the People, Amadeus Mozart, HAIM, Aerosmith, Kendrick Lamar, The Smiths. Music to me is as vital as air (such a stereo typical, predictable teenage thing to say, I know) however music is in almost every aspect of my daily routine - from waking up, getting ready, eating breakfast, catching the bus to Uni, walking to work, cooking dinner, in the shower, before I fall alseep. It has the ability to alter my mood within seconds - which is one of the small positive things I find in my day.  



Always, 
A 

No comments:

Post a Comment