Saturday 1 March 2014

A Long Run

I love running. After a long, stressful, demanding day there is nothing more I look forward to then coming home, changing and going for a run. It clears my mind. Just on sunset is the ideal time to go for a run - watching the clouds and sun slip away over the horizon to see the sky swirling in a mix of chaotic colours is magical. Knowing that as your day is ending someone else's is just beginning is surreal. As you run you seem to forget all your worries. All  the pressures, stressors and anxiety from the day is removed. Lifted. Escaped....just briefly. A sense of relief washes over you as you run. Music blasting in your ears you forget the world. Its calming yet exhilarating and empowering.  


Always, 
A

1 comment:

  1. So true, as a young man I used to come home from work and run up to 16 kilometres.......it allowed me to escape the environment I was in

    ReplyDelete