Saturday 22 February 2014

Buying a New Book

I don't know what it is about this small, almost, unnoticeable act that brings me such joy. Perhaps it is the time spent wondering around the bookshop, glancing at all the glossy, bright covered books. Or they way I spend time stepping down each isle, running my finger down the spine twisting my head, biting my lip to read each title. The way I take out a book with such excitement and flip through the crisp, new pages. Its funny because examining the front cover and analyzing each detail of the book plays just a small part in the selection process. The right book seems to jump out at you and you just know. I love the general vibe of bookshops - mostly always filled with groovy decor, lighting and artwork. The way you pass other customers who are also almost consumed by the sea of books they're floating amongst.

 I have always enjoyed reading, even from an early age. I remember being quite good at reading and taking to it very quickly. Reading allows you to temporarily explore another world which isn't always your own. It provides detachment for a  short period of time from your regular life - a chance to forget about all the chaos. Buying a new book makes me happy because I guess I am choosing  which next life I am about to slip into. The journey that lays ahead and general unknowing is exciting.


Always, 
A

No comments:

Post a Comment