Tuesday 1 April 2014

Being Alone

Being alone and feeling alone are two different things. I quite like being alone. Just myself and my thoughts. I like the feeling of not having to deal with other people or problems or situations. I'm allowed to just focus on myself and my own worries. I like the feeling of remembering that ultimately in this world you are dependent on yourself and yourself only. No loved one, or dear friend or stupid boy can change whatever you're going through - that's up to you. Wherever you go, whatever you do, which ever decision you make will affect you. Its important sometimes to put yourself first and to remember the things you must achieve to better yourself, and sometimes being alone is crucial in defining this. It may not be for long or it may be forever - but it will be durable, if you are resilient, capable and strong.  Your loved ones will still always be there. No matter what, and that's comforting. To have that support. But being alone gives you time to grow and learn....and kind of find yourself I guess. Whenever I start to feel this way, I am reminded of one of my favourite small poems.  I feel as if these words have been directly taken out of a page from deep within my thoughts....its unbelievable. 

"I like drinking coffee alone, and reading alone. I like riding the bus alone, and walking home alone. It gives me time to think, and set my mind free.I like eating alone, and listening to music alone. But when I see a mother with her child; A girl with her lover; Or a friend laughing with their best friend; I realize that even though I like being alone.....I don’t fancy being lonely. The sky is beautiful but the people are sad."
Please don't be confused, this is not a sad post. As-well as being in love with being on my own, I am simultaneously in love with people and being surrounded by everyone. I just feel its important sometimes to remove yourself from all that.....and be with just yourself at times. Just to remember.


Always, 
A




1 comment:

  1. It is when we are still that we become free from our noise-making mind and are truly able to perceive the beauty around us. Namaste.

    ReplyDelete